Now that you've connected your store to Gooten it's time to add products for fulfillment. As with our other integrations, like Shopify and Etsy, there are two ways you can connect products to your store:
Create the product in Gooten HUB and publish it to your store -or- Create the product in your store and connect it to Gooten
Adding new products through Gooten HUB
Log in to your Gooten account, locate PRODUCT HUB on the left side of the dashboard, and select ADD NEW PRODUCT.
Pick the item you wish to design and upload your artwork to all print areas available
Once you make any image adjustments you can select your store as the “Save to” destination and publish your product
If you don’t wish to publish your product right away you can simply save it to Storage for future use
A short video of the full process: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cq12I1TpwF
Creating new products in your store and linking them to Gooten
To create new products in your store navigate to the PRODUCTS tab and select 'Add new'
Steps you should follow while creating each new product:
Fill out the name field (description, category and tags are optional)
Set product type to 'Variable product' - this step is required if you want to add variants to this product
Fill in the SKU and price for each variant. If these are left blank our system will populate this data automatically when you link the product, and you can make any necessary changes at that time.
***IMPORTANT NOTE: If you add SKUs to your products in WooCommerce please note that every product must have a unique SKU. For example, if you create 6 mug variants they will each need unique identifiers added to the SKU, like mug_beachtheme or mug_unicorn.
Finally, save the product as Draft if you don’t wish to connect it right away, or Publish it right away.
Linking the product
- Go to your Gooten account and select the WooCommerce tab, then choose 'Link Product'.
- Select any item from your website to connect to a Gooten product and click 'Connect'.
- Under 'Do you have this product saved to your Product Hub?' select NO.
- Search for and select the matching product, which links the product to your store.
- Upload your image files for this product, adjust the size as needed and select 'Continue'
- Confirm the product mockup is correct and select 'Continue'
- Under 'Save To' verify that your WooCommerce store name is selected.
- Fill in the product name, description, price, shipping and product options. Select Save.
- If you wish to publish the product preview to your site click the toggle button so the green check appears and select 'Save'.
- Your product is now linked to Gooten!
***IMPORTANT NOTE: Gooten will not receive orders for products published on your WooCommerce site if the product is not linked to your Gooten account.
Short videos of the creating and linking processes:
Creating products in WooCommerce: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cq122dTpBI
Linking products to your Gooten account: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cq1oQCTCae