Products in your Etsy store may lose their connection with Gooten if the options for your variants are changed (added/removed) in your Etsy Shop Manager.
Etsy variants depend on their options - if you add or remove an option within the product, Etsy’s backend will create a new variant ID. The variant ID that was previously connected to your product will no longer be valid and the connection between Gooten and your Etsy listing will be lost. The product will also be removed from your Product Hub, but you may use the Link Etsy Product button to connect it again and resurface the product in the Hub.
Please note that products will be disconnected in the following scenarios:
1. If you add a new option for the product variants in your Etsy Shop Manager
2. If you remove an option from your listing’s variants in your Etsy Shop Manager.
***Please note that even if you remove an option and add it again with the same name, the listing will remain disconnected
3. If after creating and connecting the listing to us, you click on "I offer more than one" option in "Capacity", Etsy will save it as a new option for the product variant, thus disconnecting the product entirely from Gooten. If you don’t want to make the change, you can deselect "I offer more than one" and no updates will be made. Please see the screenshot below for a more detailed explanation:
Your products will not be disconnected if you:
- Update the name of an existing option in a product in Etsy Shop Manager (without removing or adding a new option)
- Add a new variant to a product in your Etsy Shop Manager (the new added variant will be created, but not connected to us, you can connect it by going to the Product Hub, Etsy tab and clicking on Link Etsy Product button to connect it)
- Update shipping options, Product title, images, description, category, renewal options, other optional product info, section, tags, materials, production partners, SKU names, quantity or prices for the product variants in Etsy Shop Manager.
If you have any additional questions, please reach out to us through the 'Need Help?' widget which may be found on all of our webpages.