The quickest way to offer customizable products to your customers is to do this manually by creating a new product in Etsy and giving it a name such as Customize Your Product.
These are the steps to follow if you're selling custom products on Etsy, but you want to use Gooten App to automate the order submission to us:
- Connect your Etsy store to Gooten (you can see how to do it here)
- Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you'd like to automate the submission of your orders and all of your artwork is custom
- A member of our team will get back to you and ask how long you'd like to have your orders sit in Gooten's system before production so you have the opportunity to change the image file. Typically, we recommend that you allow for at least 48 hours of what we call Pending time to give yourself ample amount of time to adjust orders
- Once our team is notified you'll be using this process, you should use the Link product button within the Product Hub to connect your Etsy listings to Gooten (here you can see how to connect your existing products to us). You can use any image you want as a placeholder when connecting products, as you'll later be editing all images anyways before they go into production and are sent to your customers
- After the products are linked to Gooten, orders will start flowing into our system automatically and you'll be able to view them on the orders page
- In order to replace an image file in an order, you need to change the order status from Pending to Hold. Orders will only stay in Pending for whatever time you decided in the third step. Think of Pending like processing time - this is the amount of time your order sits in Gooten before it goes into production. You need to move orders from Pending to Hold because once you're in the Hold status, you can make edits to the images
- Once your order is in hold, click on the Images tab within the order and select Change image to replace your file. Please note that the image size you upload for a replacement will need to be the exact required size for the product in question
- After you've edited your file, your order will cycle into production automatically and you can move on to adjusting other orders!
The upside of this way is that we would receive all of the order information and all you'd need to do is upload a new design. Please note that in order for that to work, your account would need to be set to "Fulfill immediately" (please see more information about that here).
If you have additional questions about this, feel free to reach out to our team.