These are the steps to follow if you're selling custom products on Etsy and you're using our Etsy integration to automate the order submission to Gooten:
- Connect your Etsy store to Gooten (you can see how to do it here)
- Navigate to Settings - Fulfillment - Hold Items For Customization, click Enabled and then Update Fulfillment Setting button:
- Use the Link Etsy Product button within the Product Hub, Etsy tab to connect your Etsy listings to Gooten. You can use any image you want as a placeholder when connecting products, as you'll later be editing all images anyways before they go into production and are sent to your customers. Please note that we recommend that the placeholder images are easily distinguishable, to avoid mixing the custom orders up with the regular ones.
- After you link products to us, orders will start flowing into Gooten and you'll be able to view them on the Orders page in your Admin panel.
- All of your Etsy orders (both customized and regular ones) will automatically go to Needs Customization status and they will remain there until the image has been changed.
- In order to replace the placeholder file, navigate to the Images tab and click on the Change image button to replace your file. If an order comes in for a product that does not need to be customized, you should simply reupload the same image, and it will flow into production.
- After you've updated your file, your order will cycle into production automatically and you can move on to adjusting other orders!
This feature will set your entire account and all of the stores connected to it (both Etsy and Shopify ones) for customizable orders.
The upside of this process is that we would receive all of the customer and order information and all you'd need to do is upload a new design. Please note that in order for that to work, your account would need to be set to "Fulfill immediately" (please see more information about that here).