Once you create your first product and place your order, you’re probably wondering what happens next. Learn more below!
Day 0: Your customer places an order, we accept the order from you and then hold the order in our system for a two-hour wait period (“pending” time). After those two hours, we automatically route your order to the vendor for production. If your account is not set up for immediate fulfillment, your order will first go to NeedsManualApproval and our team will push it to print manually after review.
Days 1-5: Our vendors can take up to 4 business days to produce your order before it is shipped. The first day of production is the first business day after the order was placed. Weekends don't count for production time, even though many of our vendors do actually work on making your products over the weekend.
Day 3-5: Tracking is added to your order when the vendor prints a shipping label and that label is scanned by a shipping carrier, like USPS or UPS. Once the shipping carrier has the package, it's on its way to your happy customer!
Day 5+: Transit time… Depending on the shipping method you chose at the time of placing the order and your location, the delivery itself can take up to 12 business days in the US, or up to 21 business days if you’re shipping products produced in the US internationally*. That all being said, you should expect most packages sent with standard shipping to arrive within ~5 days in the United States' lower-48 states. Expedited deliveries usually take 2-4 days and overnight shipping should arrive next day (unless the next day is a weekend).
*When it comes to international shipping, those packages are usually delivered within 1-3 weeks from the ship date through DHL or USPS Priority International. However, we have also experienced instances where an order may take about a month to deliver. Unfortunately, not all tracking events may be represented in real time when shipping internationally, and this sometimes makes a shipment appear to be "stuck" at a certain place/event (like border entry). There are also other factors beyond our control that may extend the delivery window, including but not limited to:
• Packages being handled by multiple carriers, when handed off to local carriers.
• Local customs department processing time
Due to all of that, we can't guarantee a delivery date with certainty for international deliveries, so please plan accordingly!
Tips and Tricks:
- You can view which items have been shipped and delivered in your Gooten orders page
- If you're worried that your order is moving too slowly, you should know that we have a full team of Operations Analysts that monitor every order in our system and communicate daily with our vendors
- If you’d like to ask a question about a specific order, feel free to reach out to our friendly team and we'll try to get you some more information. What you see in Gooten is what we see too, so any time we ask a question about an order, we have to reach out to a vendor over email and wait for them to get back to us.