The most popular way to offer customizable products to your customers is to do this manually by creating a new product in Shopify and giving it a name such as "Customize Your Product”. Do not connect this product to Gooten.
Follow these steps to customize the product for your customer:
- Write a description for your product that prompts your customer to email you with the customization requirements (name, image they want printed, etc.)
- Collect the necessary information from your customer and receive payment
- Log-in to your Gooten account and click on the "Place an Order tab"
- Place the custom order manually for your customer and input their delivery info
- Let your customer know the tracking information as soon as it's available!
Alternatively, the following steps might suit your needs better:
- Create a Shopify product
- Connect it to Gooten (check out a short video about creating and connecting products in this article)
- When the order for that product has been placed, we can extend the time from the moment we receive your order to the moment we send it to the vendor for fulfillment, so that you have the time to upload a new, customized image
The upside of that way is that we would receive all of the order information and all you'd need to do is upload a new design. Please note that in order for that to work, your account would need to be set to "Fulfill immediately" (please see more information about that here) and that you'd need to reach out to our support team and ask for the pending time extension.
And finally, if you're tech savvy and comfortable coding, you can look into our API integration instead of using our Shopify app, which will allow you more flexibility and fully automated process.