Gooten is proud to announce that we can now support the addition of a custom neck label to your garment, which we hope will help you with brand recognition and customer retention. Custom neck labels cost an additional $2 per garment.
How do I set up custom apparel tags?
Once you create your apparel in our Product Hub, our team will need to help you get set up with apparel tags, but it's super easy. Our templates are located here (you can also see a few examples of printed custom tags and an example of a filled out template attached) and you'll need to create a tag for each size and color of shirt that you're selling. Please make sure that the fabric blend accurately reflects the garment you're selling. Once you have all of your files created, upload the file for each garment size and color individually to Dropbox or a similar storage platform (we will need a direct URL to the file for each of the sizes you want to offer), fill out the attached CSV file and send it over to our friendly support.
Keep in mind that the image files have to be on direct links which you can create by following the steps below, after uploading the images to your Dropbox:
1. Navigate to the file in your Dropbox
2. Right-click and click “copy the Dropbox link”
3. Paste the link somewhere where you can easily edit it
4. Edit the URL to create a direct download link:
Simply Replace the String “www.dropbox.com” with “dl.dropboxusercontent.com” and delete everything after .JPG or .PNG and you'll have a direct download link.
Please note that at this time, we support apparel tags for garments printed by our Ohio supplier only.
How should my custom apparel tags look like?
- Your logo should be a high resolution PNG file.
- You can use different color tags for different color garments, so please make sure not to put white tags on white garments for example.
- Tags are not applied per brand/model but rather per color and size (for example all blue t-shirts in size L will have the same tag, regardless if the tee is Gildan or Tultex)
- By law you must include the country of origin, the size of the garment, and the materials for each t-shirt.
- Washing instruction icons are recommended as the tag with that information will be removed in order to print your design (we have some you can use here).
- The final label files must be at or under 2.5 x 3" inches and saved as a PNG. Use our template if you need help getting started.
I integrated with the Gooten API...
If you connected your store to Gooten using our API, all you need to do is check out the attached documentation called "Neck Tags.pdf" to read how you can add custom apparel tags to your products.
Need help with set-up? Contact email@example.com to learn more.